REC Standard/ Mountain First Aid
This course is a 4 day combined course or the standard REC course and mountain first aid. The course covers the fundementals of mountain first aid in an outdoor environment.
- Assessing and monitoring vital signs, airway, breathing and circulation.
- Recusitation (CPR.)
- Bleeding/ shock. Hypothermia, Hyperthermia.
- Injuries including, open and closed fractures, deformities.
- Wounds, burns.
- Management or heat and cold stress.
- Environmental poisons.
- Illness including, Diabetes, Stroke, Epilepsy, Seizures.
- First aid kits and recording of incidents.
- Assessment of a casualt.y
- Care of an unconscious casualty.
- Use of stretchers, rescue transportation and communication.
- Practical scenarios.
Assessment of the course is through a practical assessment of skills, by the Assessor by both practical and written examination.
This course is 4 full day duration.