12 Hour Paediatric First Aid
This course is a standard requirement for persons working with young children and is recommended by NICMA/ Early years.
This qualification can also be used to provide a summary of evidence in relation to learning for undertaking an NVQ in Child Care and Education.
Certificates are valid for 3 years and approved by HSENI.
- Bleeding and shock
- Incident management; including first aid kits and incident reports
- Control of bleeding
- Burns and scalds
- Sprains, strains, fractures and dislocations
- Allergic reactions
- Diabetic emergencies
- Head injuries
- Eye injuries
- Poisons, bites and stings
- Treatment of the unconscious infant or child
- Resuscitation (CPR) for infants and children
- Epipen training
Assessment of the course is on a continuous basis throughout the two days, by the trainer and the candidate is assessed on a one to one basis by the trainer/ assessor followed by a multiple choice written examination.
The course duration is 12 hours.