This course is for those wishing to gain an outdoor first aid qualification. This is the minimal requirement for persons wanting to gain the mountain leader training board Mountain Leader Award.
- Assessment of a casualty in a rural environment, care of an unconscious casualty.
- Resusitation, (CPR).
- Taking control of an incident in the absence of a standard first aider.
- Cope with common occurances ie, Collapse, Choking or Bleeding.
- Use of stretchers, rescue transportation and communication.
- Practical outdoor scenarios.
- Dealimg and assessing casualties with suspected spinal injuries.
- Becoming competent in identifying and managing incidents in a safe and organised manner.
- Dealing with fractures, sprains, burns and wounds.
- Recognition of signs and symptoms of Hypo/Hyperthermia.
Assessment is both by practical and continual assessment throughout the course.
This course duration is 2 full days.